We’re looking for a quality heating engineer who wants to be part of a team who aspires to be the best.
We are Hydroheat and we’re on a mission to become the most recognised company in our industry by being honest, trustworthy and reliable and by helping people save money, keep warm and be safe.
We have big ambitions of becoming a multi-city company – starting with the West Midlands. We believe if we improve and then replicate what we have been doing and continue to live by our values then we have every reason to continue to spread further.
In order to achieve our goals, we need an ambitious, creative and passionate person to join our family and help us with the next phase of our growth strategy.
For Hydroheat to be known as the best heating company in our area, we need to build the best team. We need team players who want to help make a difference in what we do. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a family and believes in delivering quality and can be relied on to do things right. We’re looking for someone who is ambitious and competitive and wants to achieve bigger and better things.
In return, we promise to give you everything you need in terms of training and support to help you become a better engineer and to progress further in your career.
Do this sound like the sort of workplace you want to be in? Keep reading.
Job Description & Duties
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Your main role will be to install, service and maintain boilers and central heating systems, you will also be required to complete general gas work and plumbing works when required.
- Your main focus will be delivering a ’10 out of 10′ service to our customers and clients, by maintaining good communication, being friendly and approachable, completing high-quality work and educating them with good honest advice.
- You will be expected to play a role in helping us develop and improve what we do so that can continue to grow and thrive in an ever-changing market by attending team meeting and training days. You’ll be given a voice to offer your input to what you think will make a difference.
- You’ll be in charge of ensuring that projects run smoothly and efficiently and be in control of ensuring they are running profitably by reducing waste and working within allocated timescales.
- We believe in development so you’ll be required to take time out to learn new occupational and personal skills through reading, listening to audio or watching video and training days.
- We mainly work within a range of 10 miles of Coventry and parts of Birmingham but occasionally work outside these areas.
Experience and skills
- 5 years minimum experience in the heating industry as a qualified engineer is desirable but not essential.
- You must hold a valid ACS gas qualification including boilers, water heaters, fires, cookers, gas analysis.
- An NVQ level 3 in plumbing and heating would be desirable.
- A water regulations qualifications would be beneficial.
- A current unvented hot water system qualification would be desirable.
- You must hold a Full UK driving licence.
- We’re looking for a positive person, who is honest and trustworthy to do things right. You’ll need to be prepared to go the extra mile and help your team members out when needed. We want to be the best so you’ll need to share the same drive and determination to succeed.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must, you must be a polite friendly and approachable person.
- We believe in innovation and are passionate about how we can help people be more efficient and save money, you’ll need to share the same passion and want to help other people be more environmentally friendly when it comes to their carbon footprint.
Salary and benefits
- Salary – Your salary will depend on the skills and experience that you have and what you’re able to bring to the business. This shall be reviewed after 6 months and then annually. The salary range is £25,000 to £35,000 per annum, based on full-time hours and shall be determined once we have found the right person for this role.
- Holiday – 28 days a year including bank holidays.
- Pension -Standard government pension scheme (optional)
- Probation period – 6 months (subject to a review at the 6 month period)
If you think this role suits you but you need more information please get in touch.